Happy weekend! Fa la la! I wish I was like the Dowager Countess of Downton Abbey and that I didn’t know what a “weekend” was. (OBSESSED with that show!) But, alas, now that I’m back at work, weekends are blessed things.
I’ve had a very rough time adjusting since I’ve gone back to work. My mom (Gigi) is living with us now and is watching the baby during the day. I couldn’t be more grateful to her! But, I don’t think I ever grasped how precious time is until now. I’m hoping to post more about that soon as I have a small change coming in my future.
Here is my solid little boy at 3 months! I’m not sure of his weight but I’d guess it’s somewhere around 15 pounds?
- Mama officially stopped pumping at the 9 week mark in preparation for going back to work – a little bittersweet. You’re strictly on formula now.
- Your first solid poop – ouch!
- You have visually discovered your hands and feet and you’re just fascinated!
- We celebrated our first New Year’s Eve together – Mama, Daddy, and you all cuddled up on the couch together as we watched the ball drop on TV. Kisses for all!
- You love to sit up ALL the time. You just need someone to balance you.
- You’re still eating quite often. We’re feeding you a mix of 3 oz. and 4 oz. bottles now. You seem to be spitting up a lot more often so we’re trying not to push it.
- You’re eating approximately 3 times a night – around midnight, 2-3, and 5-6. No “sleeping through the night” baby here!
- Your longest sleep has been around 4 hours.
- Mama went back to work on January 10th. She is having a very hard time being away from you but you love spending time with your Gigi.
- You’ve started to say a mumbled “Mama” and also an adorable “Gee” for your Gigi. You’re very vocal! Though, I may just be hearing things…
- You’ve started to pick up toys and hold them for a very short time. “How do these hands work?”
- Everything goes in your mouth! You almost gag yourself with your fingers and you love to slobber all over your/our hands.
- You’re very alert. You want to know what is going on all the time – especially when we’re out of the house.
- We couldn’t live without your bouncer or swing!
- When the weather’s nicer, you love going outside and sitting on the porch.
- Whenever you’re somewhere new, you move your head from side to side in wonder. You’ve rubbed a bald spot on the back of your head!
Best wishes, y’all!