Do I really have a 1 month old son already? I truly can’t wrap my head around that fact but, what a month it’s been! Forgive me while I gush…
I will spare y’all of every minute detail of the past month but I can’t help but share some highlights!
Upon discharge from the hospital, we were recommended to take Lyndon to the pediatrician the next day since his bilirubin levels were slightly elevated. Since our pediatrician didn’t accept new patients on Saturdays, we took Lyndon to an urgent care facility. We were reluctant to take him out of the house so soon. His bilirubin level was still elevated but nothing too serious. The doctor said that as long as Lyndon was eating and pooping normally that his slight jaundice should level out.
We went to Lyndon’s first pediatric appointment and he weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces and measured 21 inches tall – already growing! Our pediatrician informed us that Lyndon is a bit tongue tied which means that the connective tissue (or frenulum) underneath his tongue would need to be clipped slightly. She said that his tongue issues were one reason he wasn’t able to latch on during breastfeeding and advised that we complete the procedure within the next 3 weeks or so. Lyndon’s jaundice was mostly back to normal. Everything else looked good!
Lyndon’s second pediatric appointment went well. He already gained a whole pound and was 8 lbs., 12 oz.!
We went to the ENT to see the specialist regarding Lyndon’s frenulum issues. Thankfully, the doctor said in his opinion that Lyndon’s frenulum doesn’t need to be clipped. Woo hoo! I’m glad that he won’t have to be in pain but that leaves us still unsure why he can’t breastfeed.
Lyndon had his first cold so we ended up going to his 1 month checkup a little early. Thankfully, Lyndon is A-OK. He just has a little stuffy nose which I think he caught from Mommy. Other than that, he is doing very well! He’s 23 inches tall and weighs 10 lbs., 15 oz. He’s already gained so much and is growing like a weed!
First Week Milestones:
- First “movie” was Ace Ventura Pet Detective
- First projectile poop and pees
- First spit up all over Mom and Dad
- First “tummy time” – Lyndon does quite well lying on his tummy. He already tries to hold his head up
Second Week Milestones:
- First pee all over mom – when we were taking Lyndon’s naked newborn pictures, he decided to pee all over my jeans!
- Nicknamed Mr. Poots – Lyndon farts all the time. We have no idea how he can hold so much gas!
Third Week Milestones:
- First book read to him – “Five Silly Turkeys” in honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving
- His umbilical cord stump finally fell off!
- We went on his first walk around the neighborhood.
Fourth Week Milestones:
- First family function – we went to an Aunt’s house for an early Thanksgiving dinner. Lyndon did very well and fell asleep in the car both ways.
- Lyndon is starting to hold his head up better each day.
- Lyndon’s belly button looks to be fully healed.
I can’t believe we’re already working on some 2 month milestones… but here he is all his 1 month glory!