If I was a betting woman, I would have bet money that I wouldn’t be staring at 40 weeks. Alas, here I am – officially past due!
At this week’s OB appointment, I had a NST and an ultrasound to check on the baby’s overall health, fluid, and size. Everything looked good thankfully so my doctor will let me go one week past my due date.
- Total weight gain: 18 pounds – lost another pound which is a little strange.
- How big is the baby: The size of a jackfruit. More specifically, little one was estimated to be around 8 pounds, 2 ounces at my 40 week ultrasound. I must admit that I wouldn’t have guessed him to be quite that big!
- Sex: Big ole boy!
- Maternity Clothes: Nothing new except a comfortable nursing type bra.
- Sleep: Still not good – some nights are better than others. I range from sleeping 2 hours a night to a full 7-8 hours a night. My sleep seems to depend on if my mind wants to cooperate. So, sleep has been very frustrating but I know things will get better eventually… maybe in like a year – haha!
- Best moment of the past two weeks: Well, since I’ve been staying rather close to home, I haven’t had too much going on. So, again, I’ll just have to say spending time with my family and friends. Love my hubby!
- Movement: Yes, especially when I’m lying on my side.
- Food Cravings: My appetite has been a little better recently and my sweet tooth has been in overdrive. Darn Halloween candy!
- Baby Bump: I can definitely tell a difference from a month ago. And, my poor hips can too. Every day it gets harder and harder to get around.
- What I miss: Of course, sleep!
- What I am looking forward to: LABOR! If I don’t go into labor beforehand, my induction is scheduled for Wednesday, the 24th. At least there is an end in sight!
I’m finding it hard to believe that this is the very last pregnancy update that I’ll be posting pre-baby. But, thank goodness! Let’s get this show on the road!