This baby can’t stay in me forever. I’ve just got to keep remembering that! Seriously, y’all, am I really past 38 weeks? Wasn’t it just yesterday when I was still 18 weeks? Patience. I need it. That, and maybe some really good sleep and a good, cleansing cry. Dang, hormones!
I started working from home at 38 weeks. Now, I absolutely do not miss my 2 hours plus in the car every day but I must admit that I really dislike working at home. I feel so lazy sitting around in lounge clothes all day and also very isolated. I need to get out of this house!
The doctor informed me that I’m 2-2.5 centimeters dilated and still about 50% effaced. So, not much progress but at least it’s something. I’ll see if there’s any further progress on Friday.
- Total weight gain: 19 pounds – I seem to have lost a few.
- How big is the baby: Watermelon. Holy moly.
- Sex: Boy!
- Maternity Clothes: Nada – I’ve literally been living in yoga pants and pajama pants all day long.
- Sleep: Sleep has been pretty bad. I have anxiety about going to sleep because I know I probably won’t fall asleep OR I won’t stay asleep. I guess I just have too much on my mind and I just can’t seem to get comfortable. *Yawns*
- Best moment of the past two weeks: Hmm, I’ll have to say there’s no one stand out moment. But, I’ve enjoyed multiple moments just spending time with my mom and my husband – my saviors!
- Movement: Oh yeah! When he gets going, it’s a sight to behold!
- Food Cravings: Nothing. There are some days when I feel so queasy that I’m finding it hard to eat much. But, I’m managing. My appetite just seems to have diminished.
- Baby Bump: Yep, yep! Mostly the same, I do believe.
- What I miss: Sleep. Getting out of the house.
- What I am looking forward to: Without a doubt – labor! I feel so impatient, but I just want to get this show on the road!
Here I am at 38 weeks!