Soo, as you may have seen below, I am with baby with my first child! Haha, and, it has been an interesting journey so far. I started to document my experience weeks ago and here goes!
My hubby Eric and I found out we were pregnant on Friday, February 10th, 2012. I was supposed to start my period around the 8th so by the morning of the 10th, I was more than antsy to go ahead and take a pregnancy test. A faint plus sign appeared and I think I sat there in disbelief for a minute before starting to doubt my own eyes. Of course, Eric was asleep, as he works later hours, so I woke him up and showed him the test, barely containing my excitement. Doubtful as well (and probably blind from sleep), he got up and took a better look at it under brighter lighting. The plus sign was definitely there… barely! Multiple positive tests later and we knew for sure. I can’t express my relief and overwhelming happiness in that moment. Being able to start a family is truly the sweetest gift!
Looking back at my first trimester, I can’t believe that I’m already this far! The thought of being pregnant and what that entails is slowly becoming a reality in my mind. I haven’t had too many symptoms, though I must admit, at times, I was hoping for more symptoms just to know that everything was going well down there. So far, I had very tender boobies, only rare and slight cases of queasiness (mostly while driving), and a very fair amount of gas (TMI?). I know looking back I will be glad that my first trimester was fairly asymptomatic. I’ve gone from worried to excited to all shades in between and can’t be more thankful that everything is going well.
So each two weeks, I am going to post the following questions regarding my pregnancy and here are my answers so far:
- Total weight gain: None! Which is weird but I’m very thankful since I’m trying not to gain much.
- How big is the baby: The size of a lemon.
- Sex: Unsure – Eric thinks we’re having a girl and I’m completely neutral. I initially had dreams that I was having a boy but then I had dreams I was having a girl. Who knows?!
- Maternity Clothes: None except for a belly band which helps me keep my unbuttoned pants look smooth and stay up. I have a feeling I will be getting some stretchy pants soon, though!
- Sleep: Sleep has been weird. I fall asleep with ease initially but wake up constantly throughout the night.
- Best moment of the past two weeks: All our friends and family know now and it’s so exciting to share in the news!
- Movement: Maybe? I’ve felt slight movements down there but maybe it’s gas?
- Food Cravings: Yum, last night Eric brought me hushpuppies!
- Baby Bump: A definite rounding of my lower belly is becoming apparent – even through all that extra fluff already there.
- What I miss: Normal sleep.
- What I am looking forward to: Our next ultrasound when we’ll hopefully find out the gender! And from there, planning the nursery.
- Total weight gain: Still zero!
- How big is the baby: The size of an avocado.
- Sex: Still unsure! Grr…
- Maternity Clothes: Finally bought some very comfortable pants with the tummy panel – one pair for work and one pair of jeans. 3 t-shirts. The store had a fake “7 month” belly bump to try on the clothes with. Talk about surreal! Will I really look like that? Who knows but I think Eric got a kick out of seeing it.
- Sleep: Sleep has been slightly better. I still wake up a lot throughout the night but it seems to be better overall. I have been dreaming really weird dreams though… a lot of dreams of our dear kitty, Sherbert!
- Best moment of the past two weeks: Going to the DeBardelaben annual Kentucky Derby Party and seeing Elyse’s belly bump and everyone else.
- Movement: Yes! I believe so! Every few days I’ve felt everything from slight flutters to outright pokes. I thought I would feel strange knowing that something’s moving inside me but the feeling has been strangely comforting.
- Food Cravings: BISCUITS! Down home, southern chicken and biscuits. I think we ate it 3 times in one week!
- Baby Bump: Still mostly the same but bump seems to be moving upwards slightly. I can definitely tell my body is changing.
- What I miss: Can’t think of a thing at the moment!
- What I am looking forward to: Eric and I are going on our “babymoon” this weekend to Myrtle Beach. Can’t wait for a long, relaxing walk on the beach with my hubby!
- Total weight gain: I believe between 2-3 pounds… I’m hoping to keep this number low!
- How big is the baby: The size of a sweet potato.
- Sex: We will find out May 31st! We’re sooo excited!
- Maternity Clothes: No new ones to report! Just wearing the clothes I have and the maternity clothes already purchased.
- Sleep: Pretty good lately! I’m not waking up as often each night but let me say, I do not want to wake up in the mornings to go to work.
- Best moment of the past two weeks: Taking nightly walks on the beach during our “Babymoon” in Myrtle Beach while we talked about our past and our exciting future!
- Movement: Mmmhmm! Baby didn’t move during the vacation which definitely had me a little freaked out but baby has moved almost every day since.
- Food Cravings: Dark chocolate M&Ms were just consumed by the handful.
- Baby Bump: Not much change. I don’t think I appear to be visibly pregnant to most people and I’m wondering if/when that’ll change.
- What I miss: Hmm, my hubby! Since he works until late, I have been missing him a lot lately.
- What I am looking forward to: Our next ultrasound on May 31st when we’ll find out (hopefully) the sex of the baby!
I look forward to updating more soooon. Oh! And, sharing (hopefully) if we’re having a boy or a girl. *Smiles*